History

Lochvale House was built during the early part of the 19th centuary, the key stone of the inset archway on the south gable of the building has been carved to show the date 1806. Originally built as a house, improvement and expansions were made to it throughout the years until it was bought by the Parish of Dumfries and turned into a home for orphaned boys. In 1982, Lochvale house was sold to Georgetown Community Council who converted the house into Georgetown Community Centre.

Pre 1900

1900 - 1980

1980s

1990s